Re-Elect Bobby Johnson - School
Twenty-Four Years of Serving Lenoir City Schools
In my years of serving as a Lenoir City School Board member, I have
tried to keep our schools growing and improving to be the best we
can possibly be. I realize that our community has limits as to the
as to the amount of money that is available for new programs or
buildings so I have always worked hard to plan carefully with the
money we have to spend wisely without asking for more from the
city. I think as you review all these wonderful things we have
added for our students without asking for more resources from the
city, you will see that my fellow board members and I have done a
good job serving the students of our community.
Academic Innovations and Program Accomplishments
- We have continued to support Pre-K even when state funding was
- We maintain a schedule where every student in elementary and
middle schools receive art and music every year.
- We are building two new state of the art science labs for our
- We have expanded our career and technical classes by adding
Criminal Justice, Graphic Arts, Health Occupations, and Engineering
- We built a 75 station state of the art computer lab at the high
school that assures technology access to every student before,
during, and after school. This facility is also available to the
- We continue to maintain five advanced placement classes at the
high school to better prepare those students going to college.
- Our standardized test scores have advanced at a greater rate
than the state most every year and our (ACT) averages remain
above the state scores.
- We have supported an international study opportunity with a
school in Denmark which enriches our Language Arts and History
- We have developed a relationship with Roane Sate Community
college which gives our students the opportunity to participate in
dual enrollment programs giving them college credit while in high
- We added a Middle School Football Program, Baseball Team, and
Golf Team to allow more students to participate in athletics.
- We maintain a full time Family Resource Center which serves to
address the social needs of hundreds of families every year.
Facility Improvements and Accomplishments
- We have continued to work together to strategically plan for
improvements to our schools without burdening the city with
- New road was added at the elementary school to improve traffic
flow and safety for students.
- We completed a new career and technical education facility which
updated our existing programs and allowed us to expand our class
- To help ensure a safe environment, we continue to fund a full
time (SRO) police officer.
- Parking has been added at the high school.
- Every school has a full time clinic.
- Every school has a full time guidance counselor to help
- We completed remodeling of our high school stadium giving the
football and soccer programs a home to be proud of.
- We are remodeling the middle school to be divided into an
intermediate school and a middle school where students and teachers
will have the necessary space.