News Herald Arrest Report
Philadelphia woman charged with assault, drugs
A Philadelphia woman was taken to Loudon County Jail on assault, weapon and drug charges after police responded to the call of a person carrying a gun near Lenoir City Police Department.
Upon arrival, police spoke with a woman, Candice Renee Dixon, 30, Philadelphia, and her husband.
The man told police that Dixon had thrown her gun, identified as a Glock 27, on the ground after the couple got into an argument, according to the police report.
Dixon's husband said he was planning to take her to a mental hospital, and that Dixon dissented, pulled the gun from the passenger side door of a vehicle and pointed the weapon at the man, according to police.
"She told him he hated him and wished he was dead," according to LCPD Officer Brandon Johnson.
The man then pulled into the police department, and Dixon proceeded to leave the vehicle and walk away.
A check through the National Crime Information Center revealed that Dixon was a convicted felon.
After asking if she had anything illegal on her or in her bags, she told police she did not, Johnson wrote in the arrest report.
At the Justice Center, police found 13 pills in a small, clear bag, two cut straws and one Smith & Wesson .40-caliber round for the Glock 27.
Dixon was charged with domestic assault-felony, unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon, possession of legend drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia and held on $13,000 bond.
Inmate damages jail cell
After being taken into custody for driving under the influence, a Madisonville man incurred an additional charge after allegedly damaging the inside of a holding cell.
Dispatched to a possible wreck near an assisted living facility in Loudon, police spoke with one of the drivers, who said he saw a BMW driving on the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road and turn into the center, according to the arrest report. The man said he turned in behind the vehicle and saw the car drive onto the curb.
According to police, the BMW was sitting sideways across both lanes of traffic. Police spoke with the vehicle's driver, Thomas Donovan Black, 23, Madisonville, who showed signs of intoxication, according to the report.
Black told police that he had a 24-ounce container of beer earlier in the day. Black performed poorly on field sobriety tests.
While at Loudon County Jail, Black was taken to holding cell 8 because he was too intoxicated to be housed with other inmates, according to a separate arrest report. Police found debris around Black, which was believed to have come from the ceiling of the holding cell. Black was then taken to a "soft restraint chair for his safety and the security of the facility," according to the report.
Police reported damage to the grid and ceiling tiles but did not indicate the amount of damage sustained in the holding cell.
Black was charged with driving under the influence, cite-in and vandalism and released on $3,000 bond.
• Taylor Eugene Waggoner, 24, Lenoir City, was charged with failure to appear and contempt of court and released on $4,150 bond.
• Donnie Bo Barker, 25, Greenback, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and released on $2,000 bond.
• Christopher James Darnell, 36, Loudon, was charged with aggravated burglary and theft of property and held on $15,000 bond.
• Danielle Darlene Gribble, 40, Sweetwater, was charged with contempt of court and released on $150 bond.
• Anthony Edward Moreland, 52, Carlinville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession/casual exchange and criminal impersonation and held on $8,000 bond.
• Devin Justice Sanchez, 21, Lenoir City, was charged with violation of probation and held without bond.
• Karen Marie Davidson, 25, Maryville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and released on $2,000 bond.
• Courtney Nicole Crass, 28, Lenoir City, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and released on $2,000 bond.
• Timothy Mark Hayes, 36, Knoxville, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and held on $2,000 bond.
• Michael Lance Lancaster, 62, Sweetwater, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and released on $1,000 bond.
• Thomas Jeffery Russell, 27, Lenoir City, was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and released on $1,000 bond.
• James Edward Sheehan, 25, Lenoir City, was charged with aggravated criminal trespass, vandalism and public intoxication and released on $5,500 bond.
• Marty Lee Robinson, 36, Harriman, was charged with theft under $500 and released without bond.
Loudon man jailed for drugs
A Loudon man was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant for reckless endangerment, and he was also charged with drug possession after police allegedly found illegal substances on him.
Loudon County Sheriff's Office Deputy J.C. Schultz served a warrant on Norman Eugene Hawk, 50, Loudon, in the 6400 block of Steekee Creek Road in Loudon, according to the arrest report.
Hawk was arrested "without incident, and subsequent to being transported to the Loudon County Jail by this deputy, (Hawk) was advised if he had any contraband or illegal substances he should let this deputy know that he possessed it," Schultz wrote.
During a search, police found two Xanax totem poles and one 7.5 mg/325 mg oxycodone pill in the man's left pocket inside an unmarked fob. Hawk was charged with simple possession/casual exchange and reckless endangerment and held without bond.
Catherine Lee Ashe, 60, Lenoir City, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and released on $1,000 bond.
Marty Lee Robinson, 36, Harriman, was charged with theft under $500 and released without bond.
Samantha Sue Skipper, 29, Sweetwater, was charged with violation of probation and failure to appear on violation of probation-second offense and held without bond.
Natasha Nicole Manis, 28, Lenoir City, was charged with failure to appear and released on $1,000 bond.
Codee Lee Edmonds, 29, Loudon, was charged with contempt of court and held on $300 bond.
Chad Norris, 35, Lenoir City, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and possession of drug paraphernalia and held without bond.
Glenn Thomas Stockton, 53, Louisville, was charged with driving on a revoked/suspended license and held without bond.