EXCLUSIVE: Man inside home during Lenoir City shooting talks to Local 8 News

LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WVLT) - A man accused of shooting and killing another man Wednesday night in Lenoir City still walks free.

Officers say Taylor Johnson shot Michael Brown at Rambling Acres Mobile Home Park on Browder Hollow Road.

And that has friends and family of Brown asking why.

In an exclusive interview with Local 8 News, friend Timothy Lane, says he tried to break up a fight between Brown and the accused shooter, Taylor Johnson. Lane says he then saw his friend Michael Brown bleeding to death.

"I heard gunshots by me. I remember because the wood came off the wall and hit me in my face," Lane explained. "I heard another gunshot and Michael looked at me and he had blood all over him."

Lane says Johnson and Brown are neighbors.

"I feel like it was wrong," Lane added. "Like he shouldn't have pulled out a gun. He's three times the size of Michael. I feel like he should have just fought him and got it over with."

Brown's sister, Brittany Cates was just across the street in her brother's home when she heard her fiancÚ shouting "call 911."

"I'm still in a state of shock," Cates told us. "You never think anything like this can happen to your family."

"I didn't know what to do. I automatically thought of my brothers kids and how we were doing to tell them that he was shot."

And without an arrest, there's no closure for family and friends.

"I feel like he definitely shouldn't get off scott free," Lane said. "He should get as much justice as he possibly could. There was no need to end a man's life over a fight."

"I don't see how a man can shoot and kill somebody and not be in jail," Cates added.

Brown leaves behind four children and a fiancÚ he planned to marry next month.

An autopsy on Brown has been ordered and no arrests have been made.

The investigation is ongoing.

Man killed in Lenoir City shooting


LENOIR CITY (WATE) - A man died after being shot Wednesday night at a mobile home park in Lenoir City. Police say they have identified the shooter but have not placed him under arrest.

Officers were called to Rambling Acres Mobile Home Park around 6:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found Michael Brown, 32, had been shot once in the chest.

"I heard a gunshot. I only heard one. After I heard the gunshot, my fiance rain over here and said, 'Call 911, your brother's been shot,'" said Brown's sister Brittany Cates.

Cates says her brother Michael and her fiance were next door from her visiting their friend Taylor Johnson when she heard shots.

Brown was taken to Fort Loudoun Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

"I was just heartbroken, and I got the phone call from my dad saying that he didn't make it and I just fell out on the floor," said Cates.

Police say several people, including neighbors, were inside the mobile home at the time, and an argument may have led to the shooting. 

However, mobile home park owner and neighbor William Harvey says Taylor Johnson told him a different story.

"The guy had broken into his house with a knife, he said ,and busted down his bedroom door. When he did that, he was either going to get knifed or he's going to shoot the guy, so he shot them," said Harvey.

Officers say Johnson was responsible for the shooting, but no arrests have been made pending further investigation.

6 News knocked on Johnson's door, but no one answered. Cates says she misses her brother and wants justice for her family.

"He was a wonderful person. We were very close and we've always had a great relationship," she said.

An autopsy has been ordered on Brown.