Director of Schools Search Process
1. Interview questions selected from among board member recommended
2. Consultant schedules interview for 6 board approved candidates.
(First week of April, 2008)
3. Interview process will be followed for each interview – each board member
will individually score each candidate with the same instrument and
concluding the interview the instrument will be sealed together. At the
conclusion of all interviews, the scores for each candidate will be totaled and
the 3 highest scores will be invited for a second and final interview.
4. Consultant schedules interview for three finalists. (3rd/4th week – April, 2008)
5. Identical interview process will be followed and the candidate with the highest
score will be invited to negotiate with the school board for the director’s
6. Board negotiates contract with new director. (May 2-16, 2008)