Another Gas Leak

In what seems to have become a common occurrence to the students, teachers and parents at the Greenback school, yet another natural gas leak required an evacuation of a portion of the school Tuesday. This was number 7 or 8 for this year.

The odor of natural gas was noticed by some in at least one class room. Greenback Fire Department was called and four rooms of the elementary wing were evacuated. The leak was found in one of the room heaters and repaired. The children and adults in the area of the leak were checked by paramedics. No injuries or medical attention was required. 

At Monday's commission meeting five commissioners voted for a building program that did not include a new school for Greenback.